Warranty: EOT warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship and complies with all specifications. EOT will at its option, repair or replace any product or component found to be defective during the warranty period. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is not transferrable for a period of one year after date of original shipment. The foregoing warranties shall not apply, and EOT reserves the right to refuse warranty service, should malfunction or failure result from:
- Damage caused by improper installation, handling or use.
- Unauthorized product modification or repair.
- Operation outside the environmental or damage specifications of the product.
- Contamination not reported to EOT within 30 days of the original ship date.
- EOT’s output isolators contain a “spacer” at the end of the isolator. Under certain conditions, an off-axis back-reflection from the workpiece could focus down onto the output displacer or polarizer inside the isolator. The purpose of the spacer is to eliminate the conditions under which this could happen. Should EOT’s output isolators be purchased without the spacer, or should the spacer be removed, damage to the output displacer or polarizer will not be covered under warranty and the customer will be responsible for all costs associated with such an occurrence.
Limited Liability: Other than as expressly set forth above or as contained in any express warranties provided with products and the extent permitted by law, EOT makes no warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness of the merchandise for any particular purpose. EOT shall not be liable for loss or damage resulting from the use or performance of the products. In no event shall EOT be liable to the buyer or its customers for any special, indirect, incidental, exemplary or punitive damages resulting from loss of use, interruption of business, or lost profits, even if EOT has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall EOT’s aggregate liability to the buyer and its customers exceed the amount paid for products purchased under this agreement in the prior 6 months.