• Measuring the pulsewidth or viewing the pulse profile of Q-switched lasers.
• Monitoring the output of mode-locked lasers.
• Viewing the rapid modulation of diode lasers and externally modulated cw laser pulses.
• Beamfinding/alignment of CW and pulsed lasers.
• Triggering applications using EOT's TTL photodetectors, which incorporate all of the features of our biased photodetectors, plus an adjustable threshold ultrafast comparator with a TTL output accessible via a second BNC connector.
• Large area photodetectors can be used as power meters by using Ohm's Law to calculate power levels.
Figures 1 and 2 demonstrate some of the applications for which the ET Series photodetectors are used.