EOT's Amplified Photodetectors contain PIN photodiodes that utilize the photovoltaic effect to convert optical power into an electrical current and a fixed gain transimpedance amplifier allowing measurement of <1 mW input powers.
When terminated into 50 Ω into an oscilloscope, the pulsewidth of a laser can be measured. When terminated into 50 Ω into a spectrum analyzer, the frequency response of a laser can be measured.
EOT's Amplified Photodetectors come with their own wall plug-in power supply Plugging a coaxial cable into the photodetector's SMA or BNC output connector and terminating into 50 Ω at the oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer is all that is required for operation.
- Built-in transimpedance amplifier
- Small footprint
- External wall plug-in power supply
- Bandwidth up to 10 GHz
- Detector material
- Active area
- Fiber-coupled or free space options available
- Monitoring high repetition rate, externally modulated CW lasers
- Viewing <1 mW laser powers